Andrew Jee is a veteran trial lawyer representing clients in all state and federal courts in Texas.
Trial and litigation practice focusing on business disputes and white-collar criminal defense. Past cases have involved breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, theft of trade secrets, business divorces, non-competition agreements, legal malpractice, intellectual property matters, and assorted real estate matters. Representation of select clients in personal injury and family law cases, especially when a trial is anticipated. Representation of attorneys in professional discipline (state bar grievance) cases. Representation of aircraft owners in connection with a wide variety of aviation and operational issues.
Recent clients have been involved in the following industries: Aircraft Brokers and Dealers, Aircraft Owners and Operators, Apartment Complexes, Attorneys and Law Firms, Automobile Dealers, Broadcasters, Building and Construction, Business Process Outsourcers, Check Cashers, Collection Agencies, Data Processors, Financial Services, Health Clubs, Investors, Law Enforcement, Physicians and Health Care Providers, Publishers, Real Estate Developers, Restaurants and Bars, Sales and Marketing Organizations, Software and Website Developers, Sports and Entertainment, and Waste Disposal.
Past Civil Cases
- Defended president of a Dallas based company in a lawsuit seeking $100+ million in damages for breach of contract, fraud, deceptive trade practices, and related claims. All claims dismissed prior to trial.
- Defended chairman of a Dallas based company in a lawsuit seeking $3+ million in damages for breach of contract, fraud, and related claims. All claims dismissed prior to trial.
- Defended the spouse of a company president who was sued for fraudulent transfer of certain company assets, conspiracy, and related claims. Plaintiff sought $2+ million. Defense verdict after a three day trial.
- Defended medial professional sued for fraud, deceptive trade practices, and breach of contract by another medical professional. Jury returned a defense verdict after a four day trial.
- Represented plaintiff as co-counsel in personal injury case in Collin County, Texas. Successfully obtained a verdict in favor of plaintiff after a three day jury trial.
- Represented law firm and two of its attorneys sued by opposing party for malicious prosecution. Obtained defense verdict after three day trial.
- Represented plaintiff in a case against client's former attorney for breach of fiduciary duty. Jury returned a verdict in favor of plaintiff after five day trial.
- Represented corporate plaintiff in an action to enforce non-competition agreements of multiple departing executives. Obtained highly favorable settlement for client after trial court granted client's temporary restraining order.
- Represented defendant in overturning $250,000 default judgment for negligent conduct. Court subsequently granted summary judgment dismissing all claims against defendant.
- Successfully represented numerous employers and employees at hearings seeking injunctive relief relating to non-competition agreements.
- Successfully represented numerous clients at bench trials involving breach of contract actions on both the plaintiff and defendant side of the docket.
Past Criminal Cases
- Defended financial professional indicted multiple times for misapplication of fiduciary property valued at over $3+ million. All charges dismissed.
- Defended client accused of felony assault with a deadly weapon/intoxication assault after automobile crash in which multiple participants were airlifted for emergency medical treatment. All charges dismissed prior to trial.
- Defended client who assaulted a "certified peace officer" employed by the local Sheriff's Department. Client stated he acted in self defense. After hearing from eight witnesses, the jury returned a "Not Guilty" verdict.
- Defended martial arts instructor accused of assaulting a young student. After hearing from five witnesses, the jury returned a "Not Guilty" verdict.
- Defended educator accused of sexual contact with student. All charges dismissed after defense presentation to grand jury.
- Defended president of Dallas area company alleged to have assaulted young woman by four eye witnesses. Jury found defendant "Not Guilty."
- Defended client accused of a felony DWI (4th offense). State reduced charged to a misdemeanor DWI (1st offense) and defendant was sentenced to time served (less than 1 day) after trial court heard defendant's pre-trial motions challenging the inadmissibility of state's scientific evidence.
- Defended business executive for possession of a firearm at an airport in Dallas. Case dismissed and firearm returned after defense presentation to grand jury.
- Defended attorney before the state bar grievance committee's evidentiary panel in proceeding to disbar attorney. Committee issued attorney with a private reprimand. Represented attorney in a district court proceeding brought by the state bar to disbar attorney. Obtained a short suspension after a one day trial.
- Obtained dismissals of numerous professional disciplinary complaints (bar grievances) brought against attorneys practicing in the Dallas area.
State Bar of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Affiliations & Involvement
National Trial Lawyers Association
Texas Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Dallas Bar Association
Faculty Member - Dallas Bar Association Trial Academy
Dallas Trial Lawyers Association
Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
DAYL Foundation Fellow
DAYL Leadership Class
Dedman School of Law, Southern Methodist University, Juris Doctor
Oregon State University, Bachelor of Science in Economics